Think you´ve got what it takes?
The Company employs 700 staff, ships 2 million orders a year and
generates annual sales of £140m. We are growing quickly and sales are forecast to reach £200m within three years.
Quality Assurance Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality Assurance Manager to oversee the QA and technical specifications of the Group's own brand imported consumer goods. Product is primarily focused around SDA, Kitchen and Garden products.
Based at our Brecon Headquarters, responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee the QA and technical specifications of the Group's imported products, ensuring that they comply with UK regulations.
- Reviewing and assessing initial product samples from factories.
- Making recommendations for modifications to products if deemed necessary.
- Advising on product markings and labelling e.g. Product Rating Labels.
- Advising on any specific markings that are required on product packaging.
- Reviewing product packaging to ensure it meets our quality standards and is suitable for mail order despatch.
- Reviewing product Test Reports e.g. CE, LVD, RoHS, etc.
- Commissioning product test reports with accredited Test Houses where necessary.
- Compiling and keeping 'Product Technical Files'.
- Liaising with suppliers and other members of the team to ensure suppliers are fully briefed with our requirements.
- Liaising with our customers QA Departments.
- Provide technical advice for given product areas.
- Keep up to date with current regulations, legislation and standards.
- Monitoring samples and testing approval dates against the critical path.
- The role will require working closely in conjunction with the buying departments.
- Product review and development and produce user instructions.
Previous commercial experience in consumer product QA and product safety would be a distinct advantage. Ideally of graduate calibre, candidates must have an excellent attention to detail, good organisational skills and be able to work as part of a team. Excellent prospects for career growth within the organisation.
Applications by email with covering letter to Dan Price, Managing Director - Core Retail (firstname.lastname@example.org)Apply Now
Distribution Centre Manager
£45k - £50k
An exciting opportunity exists for a Distribution Centre Manager at our Skelmersdale Distribution Centre.
Reporting into the Divisional Managing Director, this role would suit a General Manager, Distribution Centre Manager or Senior Operations Manager with experience of managing operations of 150,000 sq ft or larger.
- Management of a 260,000 sq ft DC split across two adjacent sites - processing mainly B2C orders with approximately 1.6m orders processed per annum from this site.
- Site head count 100 plus agency staff.
- Direct Management responsibility of a senior management team of 6 people.
- Management of productivity, quality and SLA targets.
- Resource planning and personnel management.
- Engagement, Coaching and Mentoring of your team.
- Peak Planning & Execution.
- Project Planning.
- Involvement with group projects outside of the Skelmersdale site.
- Warehouse General Manager, Warehouse Distribution Centre Manager or Senior Warehouse Operations Manager with significant experience of B2C order fulfilment.
- Fast-paced background - used to dealing with changing scenarios on a daily basis.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 100 heads or more.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style.
- An experienced team manager with a proven ability to drive teams forward to a common goal.
- Customer focused mentality.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
Applications by email with covering letter to Iain Burgess, CEO (email@example.com)Apply Now
Sales Support Agents, £8.00 per hour.
All positions currently filled - check back again soon
BVG Group is known locally as a fishing tackle business; the reality is that this is a small part of our group. We sell over 25,000 exciting products across Home and Garden, Shoe and Clothing, Sports Nutrition and Home Electrical sectors. We generate 4 million orders a year marketing our products through catalogues, national press advertisements, eBay, Amazon, Groupon and supplying high street retailers such as Aldi.
We already generate sales of £140m per annum which will increase to £200m over the next three years increasing our workforce from 750 to 1000 strong in the process.
We are going places and so could you by joining our team. We are looking for driven individuals to join our fast-paced Customer Contact Centre.
The Sales Support Agent will be responsible for every aspect of our customers' experience, from the initial processing of their order to dealing with any enquiries, by phone, post or via the web.
BVG Group offers excellent promotion prospects and some of the most senior people in our business started work in our contact centre.
Successful candidates will need to be motivated, have excellent communication skills both written and oral and will be able to work under their own initiative. Previous experience in customer service would be a distinct advantage but not essential as full training provided.
Rate of pay is £8.00 per hour with plenty of opportunity to increase with experience.
Standard shifts are between 9am - 5.30pm (Monday to Friday) in a rotating pattern with Saturday work required once every three weeks (paid at 50p per hour premium).
Also, due to our catalogue launches in the USA we now able to offer varied shifts, which can include nightshifts to meet all requirements.
Full time hours are based on 40 hours per week but part time hours, evening/night/ weekend shifts and overtime also available.
There really is something to suit everyone!